Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Solbi on a mission to transform into a ‘beautiful artiste’


Singer Solbi has revealed that she has gone for plastic surgery because of her status as an entertainer.

She said on ‘SBS One Night’s TV’ on 13th May, “Because of my status as an entertainment, the pressure to become prettier will never stop. If you have one image for too long, it becomes too tiresome. Hence I went for changing my looks in search for a fresh new image.”

She said, “Beauty is inevitably one of the criteria people use to measure female entertainers. I will hide all the issue with plastic surgery till now, I will show everyone my true and frank approach instead. People who like me will not dislike me just because I went under the knife for my looks.”

And then, “My sister told me I did well and said that she like me as her sibling. My parents did not say a word. I am very satisfied now.”

Meanwhile, Solbi is undergoing diet for Mnet ‘Ice Princess’ currently and is promoting her song ‘Will Be Punished’.

Netizens say:

* “What nonsense about pressure being an entertainer. This is just pure greed”
* “You look prettier back then Solbi“
* “You just get yourself a new anti fan Solbi, you were pretty then, now your face is messed up”
* “This is creepy. I don’t understand what this girl is thinking”
* “Gosh, this is just your own thinking Solbi!”
* “Then be prettier, because you are not! You just got uglier!”


source: Kbites (If you go to the link you'll see some before and after pictures)

Here's a post that cinderziera wrote which I definitely think is sooooo true!!

"i just don't understand why people take her seriously... is it that people love her so much? Hahaha

there are thousands and millions of people undergo plastic surgery... so what? she just felt inferior... like you care if you have money to beautify your face, right? well, i read this in one article that they even give their child a plastic surgery after they graduate from high school, (for eyes, or nose or the whole face etc.) she's an entertainer and she has money to fix it.... so? if she feels that now she's more beautiful... so? what's wrong with you people? keep on bashing people. if u hate her, don't mind her... just do your own stuff and focus on YOUR OWN INTEREST... i think nobody in the entertainment world is ugly...only people like you (whoever you are) who has ugly heart towards others would know how ugly looks like.

sorry if this comment seems biased. but i just don't understand why people bother when they hate her so much. hate her and that's it. everything she does is wrong and you don't like it... so, leave her then.. no need to know bout her updates cuz then you will feel all the hatred come in once.

in relationship, if you're bored with ur partner or you hate her/him, you ask to stop the relationship... not seeing each other or contact one another...
so, you hate her.. do the same technique... go n find someone with ur interest~"

cinderziera had some grammer problems but that's besides that fact. She is trying to prove a point and she's brought it up pretty well. I DO admit that Solbi was really pretty before her surgery and that she definitely didn't need it and I ALSO admit that she looks before before than now but that doesn't mean that people should be bashing on her and criticizing her to this extent. It's really ridiculous! You should see what these people say in forums/threads. They're really harsh and very unnecessary. I like Solbi, regardless the mistakes she makes. It's her life, let her live it.

No comments: